Alberta Ecotrust Foundation is looking for an amazing Administrative Coordinator!
At Alberta Ecotrust, we believe that all sectors need to work on environmental solutions together. As an organization that builds trust and focuses on positive solutions, Alberta Ecotrust makes it simple and rewarding to contribute to positive social and environmental change. We bring industry and environmental groups together to address Alberta’s existing or emerging environmental challenges through programs that build bridges, support collaborative leadership and build high impact organizations and environmental champions across sector boundaries.
Working in a small, friendly and flexible team-based environment, the Administrative Coordinator knows, understands and contributes to the vision and mission of Alberta Ecotrust. We are seeking a highly organized, results oriented self-starter to play a key role in coordinating the financial and administrative requirements of the office in support of our strategic priorities. You’ll be an important member of our team.
Preferred candidates are detail-oriented and driven, and are open to working with our entire team to find ways to improve our impact. In this role you will work with our team of six staff to ensure the whole organization is running smoothly. You are someone that thrives in a rapidly changing environment and can balance multiple tasks of varying depth on a day-to-day basis. We work on a range of projects and are always aiming to progress and evolve both our own work and the landscape and communities in which we work.
This job is located in Calgary, Alberta and the position is supervised by Alberta Ecotrust’s Executive Team (Executive Director, Program Director).
Key Responsibilities include:
- · Executive assistance: Providing support to Executive Team including communications, scheduling, sending invitations for Board and Committee meetings and events, preparing and distributing materials, creating and distributing minutes
- · Financial administration: Maintain accounting functions, audit and budget preparation, managing project funds and producing financial reports
- · Office administration: Oversee the administrative function of the organization including reception, office/facility management, a safe environment, provision of supplies and equipment necessary for effective operations
- · Charitable program support: Supporting the Program Team in administering grants, maintaining accurate records, and coordinating events
- · Degree, certificate or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Business or Commerce; or four-five years of related and relevant bookkeeping/accounting experience
- · Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial management; full-cost and non-profit accounting and reporting an asset
- · Proficiency with Quick Books accounting software and reconciling independent accounting systems (i.e. online donation/event registration systems)
- · Knowledge or familiarity with HR practices and procedures
- · Superior typing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (2010), including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- · Good understanding of the unique challenges and values of the voluntary sector
Critical success factors:
- · High proficiency in English
- · Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- · Bias for action to meet immediate challenges, and take initiative to meet future challenges and opportunities.
- · Ability to plan, establish and successfully accomplish goals
- · Efficient and reliable in executing tasks with quality results
- · Positive, enthusiastic and creative
- · Motivated by opportunity for growth & learning
- · Project management experience and strengths
- · Bookkeeping/accounting confidence
- · Critical thinking skills
- · Professional demeanor and attitude
- · Enthusiastic about addressing challenges related to environmental issues.
- · Understanding of social innovation and systems thinking
Salary range is $46-000 – $50,000 plus health and dental benefits with three weeks of vacation after 1 year. We also offer a bright, cheerful, collaborative and flexible work environment.
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send a cover letter and resume to Rod Ruff, Program Director, at [email protected] by Thursday, April 18, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest but can only respond to those selected for an interview.