Call for Volunteers at the 2019 Environmental Gathering!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Alberta Ecotrust Foundation’s fourth annual Environmental Gathering! The Environmental Gathering is an annual event designed to foster collaboration between environmental nonprofit organizations, Indigenous communities, concerned citizens, industry and government.
Volunteers are integral for the success of the event. In exchange for your help, you will receive one complementary ticket to the 2019 Environmental Gathering, taking place at Mount Royal University April 4 – 5.
This year, the Environmental Gathering is convening around the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Alberta Ecotrust and the Advisory Committee are actively developing the program. All program details including speakers and sessions will be posted on the website throughout January. To see what past programs have looked like, please review the 2018, 2017, or 2016 Environmental Gathering websites.
Questions? Please contact Amy Spark at [email protected]
EXPECTATIONS OF VOLUNTEERS
- – Provide help throughout the event. In order to receive a complementary ticket, volunteers must commit to attending both days of the event.
- – We ask that you show up to your volunteer shifts on time.
- – Attend a volunteer orientation prior to the event (date and time to be determined).
- – Volunteers represent Alberta Ecotrust Foundation. We ask that you represent us well, acting respectfully to all delegates, volunteers, speakers, sponsors & staff.
- – If you are no longer able to volunteer, let Amy know by March 8, 2019.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALBERTA ECOTRUST
- – Provide safe working conditions for all volunteers and staff.
- – Run a volunteer orientation prior to the event, to ensure all volunteers are aware of the expectations and logistics of the event.
- – Maintain privacy of volunteer personal information.
Checking in delegates, distributing nametags, and answering questions about the program. You will be the first face our delegates see at the Environmental Gathering, so we ask volunteers to be welcoming and willing to study the program schedule.
Breakout room support
These volunteers will provide support to the speakers by keeping an eye on the time (giving a 5-minute warning if necessary) and ensuring the speaker(s) are supported (ie: getting an Alberta Ecotrust staff member if there are technical difficulties, etc.)
Throughout the Environmental Gathering there are numerous small tasks, such as setting up the breakout rooms, greeting delegates, providing directions, facilitating stations, and helping with set-up and take-down. We appreciate when volunteers take initiative, filling in gaps where and when they see them.
If you are willing and able to offer your support as a volunteer, please apply to volunteer at the 2019 Environmental Gathering using this Google Form by Friday, February 15, 2019.