Environmental Nonprofit COVID-19 Impact Survey & Town Hall Webinar
All of us at Alberta Ecotrust are thinking about our friends in Alberta’s environmental nonprofit community as the world adapts to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recently reached out to the environmental nonprofit community to learn what impact this evolving situation is having on organizations across Alberta.
We wanted to understand the challenges environmental organizations are facing in the short, mid and long term to help inform possible responses from our colleagues in the funding community.
We received over 70 responses to our Environmental Nonprofit COVID-19 Impact Survey. We used the survey responses to guide the updates, resources, and information we shared with the community at the Town Hall style webinar on April 7, 2020. Thank you to the organizations that responded to the survey and attended the webinar.
Convening the environmental community in Alberta is a role we are proud to play and gathering the community to share resources, information and be reminded of our vibrant community is more important than ever.
- – Albert Ecotrust 2020 Grant Program Timelines
- – Alberta Environmental Network is curating a list of online environmental education and learning online resources (courses, toolkits, webinars, videos, etc.) for people of all ages to use while in isolation during the current COVID-19 pandemic. The list will be posted to their website and sent out in their monthly newsletter. If your organization has any resources you’d like to share and promote, please send them to [email protected].
- – Calgary Foundation Pandemic Recovery Program
- – Edmonton Community Foundation
- – Government of Alberta, Restrictions on Gatherings and Businesses
- – Government of Alberta, Support for Employers
- – Government of Canada, Department of Finance
- – Government of Canada, Implications for Sector Organizations
- – Imagine Canada
- – Integral Org
Tech & Organizational Support
As relevant resources become available to support Alberta’s environmental nonprofit sector through this period, we will share them through our communications channels. Please follow our social media channels if you are not currently connected with us there!