Thank You for Celebrating With Us!
On Wednesday, June 20, we celebrated environmental successes and the solstice at our Summer Social & AGM!
After taking care of our Annual Meeting business, we presented our 2017 Annual Report, and community champions working to maintain healthy ecosystems in a Living Library format.
This was an opportunity to chat directly with Alberta Ecotrust grant recipients, meet the Alberta Ecotrust team and catch up on our own work in social innovation, strategic learning and evaluation, and community climate networks.
We perused the library with refreshments in hand to foster curiosity about the environmental landscape in Alberta and dive deeper into the impact stories from our grant recipients.
Our living books were:
- Anne-Marie Syslak from CPAWS Southern Alberta on their Albertans Love Parks project
- Conor Tapp from Green Calgary on their Young Citizen Scientists project
- Cori Olson from the Wildlife Conservation Society Canada on their Alberta Community Bat Program
- Laura Lynes from The Rockies Institute on their Climate Change Education Workshops in Alberta’s Northern Indigenous Communities
- Mike Byerley from Next Up on the Climate Leadership Program
- Rod Ruff from Alberta Ecotrust on our Environmental Gathering
- Simon Irving from Alberta Ecotrust on our Alberta Climate Connect program
- Ymene Foulie from the Bighill Creek Preservation Society on the Bighill Creek Watershed Study
Thank you for joining us to celebrate our shared accomplishments.