The Great Alberta Action Challenge Starts today!
The Great Alberta Action Challenge starts today!
What is the Great Alberta Action Challenge? It’s a three week challenge to compete in a game called OMEGA (“One Million Everyday Green Actions”) created by Verdigo. By participating you start to shift the conversation about environmentalism into real world actions. You do what you do. You see what others are doing. You compete to see who’s doing more. You have fun. You talk and inspire. You motivate and activate.
We are partnering with Imaginea Energy and Verdigo to deliver this challenge and see who can deliver the most green actions over the next 21 days. The contest is open to all and the six participants with the highest score win dinner with two amazing women at Muriettas Restaurant on July 26th!**
Start playing now!
If you’ve already registered, you’re all set to start logging your green actions and racking up points. http://calgary.verdigo.com/everyday-actions/
Still haven’t registered?
Log in now at http://calgary.verdigo.com/user/register/. Click the “Leaderboards” option, then join the “Great Alberta Action Challenge” and start playing today.
Original instructions on how to register and how to play are listed below.
You have until midnight each day of the competition to log each day’s actions, so get started now and watch your green actions cred rise.
Check out this FAQ to learn more about how scoring works.
Instructions – How to join the competition:
1. Register on Verdigo here: http://calgary.verdigo.com/user/register/. Once you’re signed up, you can access all of Verdigo’s game features.
2. Click “Leaderboard” on the menu at the top of the page to find the “Great Alberta Action Challenge” group.
3. Click it to see its details, including the prize involved.
4. Join by clicking “Request to Join.” You’ll be approved within 24 hours.
How to play:
Once you’ve registered for the Leaderboard, you’re all set to start playing and claiming points.
There are two types of green actions logged on Verdigo: Everyday Actions and Challenges (also known as “Double Dog Dare Ya’s”).
You’ll find their page links on the top menu on any page of the website. Instructions are listed for each kind of action on its respective webpage.
Here’s the gist: read through the actions; click and claim points for each one you’ve done.
1. Everyday Actions are the ones you do pretty much…every day. Return to claim your actions once a day during the competition.
2. Challenges are slightly more difficult, and are meant to encourage people to go outside their comfort zone. These actions can only be claimed once during the competition.
**Contest prize is not available to Alberta Ecotrust, Imaginea Energy, or Verdigo employees. Although we will all be playing!!