JOB TITLE: Office Coordinator
Alberta Ecotrust Foundation
Alberta Ecotrust Foundation Alberta Ecotrust is a registered charity created through a unique partnership between the corporate sector and the environmental community in 1991. Leading boldly ever since, our programs have expanded to build bridges across sectors, communities, and cultures, focus on solutions and skills, and financially support hundreds of high impact environmental organizations, programs and projects across Alberta. We increasingly utilize a co-benefits approach to ecosystem challenges, looking for outcomes that also include cleaner air, job creation in new economies, public health benefits, and energy-efficient affordable housing. Beyond grants, we are mobilizing and financing pathways to a sustainable, low carbon future. Our environmental priorities include:
Nature-based Solutions & Conservation
Climate Resilience & Emissions Reduction
Alberta Ecotrust respectfully acknowledges that our programs are delivered across the province of Alberta, comprising Treaty 6, Treaty 7, and Treaty 8 territory, the traditional lands of First Nations and Métis Peoples. We increasingly utilize a multi-solving approach to ecosystem challenges and pathways to a low carbon future and are committed to creating a safe, warm and welcoming environment for all people interested in applying for our positions.
Are you a highly organized, adaptable, and team-oriented professional with a passion for making an impact? Alberta Ecotrust is seeking an Office Coordinator to join our Edmonton team. In this dynamic and multifaceted role, you'll be the part of the administration team that keeps our organization running smoothly. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy tackling challenges, and have a genuine interest in supporting the operational aspects of office management, we want to hear from you.
As the Office Coordinator, you'll ensure the seamless operation of our organization. Reporting directly to the Office & Administration Manager, you will be at the heart of our daily operations, responsible for maintaining the rhythm and structure of office activities. Your role encompasses everything from managing IT systems to handling administrative tasks with efficiency and precision.
In this position, you'll be the first point of contact for many internal and external queries, making your role instrumental in fostering positive communications and interactions. As we expand, your ability to support a growing team will become increasingly essential. Your role will involve not only maintaining current office operations but also actively contributing to the development of new office policies and procedures that will accommodate our evolving needs. Collaboration will be a key aspect of your work as you provide IT support, troubleshoot issues, assist in executive meetings, and contribute to a positive office culture conducive to productivity and working together. This position is responsible for the following:
● Supporting the Office & Administration Manager in maintaining office systems and processes.
● Organizing office operations and procedures and supporting the Edmonton co-working office.
● Assisting in developing office policies and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
● Coordinating all travel arrangements for staff, including flights, accommodations, and ground transportation.
● Ensuring compliance with company travel policies and adapting plans as needed to accommodate changing requirements.
● Acting as the primary point of contact for day-to-day IT issues within the office.
● Troubleshooting common hardware and software problems, escalating more complex issues to the IT department (External Contractor) as needed.
● Coordinating with IT to set up new workstations, manage network access, and maintain office equipment
● Providing basic IT training and support to staff, ensuring they can effectively use office technology and software platforms
● Assisting with scheduling and travel arrangements for the Vice President, and other administrative tasks, as requested
Reporting directly to the Office and Administration Manager, a successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration, Office Administration, Office Technology, Accounting, Information Technology, or Business Management. Equivalent education and/or years experience will be considered;
Excellent understanding of IT and office technology systems
Proficiency in Google Workspace and MS Office
Strong communications and interpersonal abilities
Proficiency in managing data entry and generating reports in database applications.
Alberta Ecotrust provides a flexible schedule and a positive, collaborative team culture. Our staff are extremely motivated to make a difference, and you’ll be part of an innovative team that gets to do interesting, meaningful work aligned with their shared values and desire to improve the world. The work arrangement is hybrid, with the Office Coordinator required to be flexible and able to work in the Edmonton Office one to three days a week, depending on staff needs, and working from home when the office is closed.
This is a full-time, 37.5-hour work week with every third Friday as an Earned Day Off, permanent position with a competitive salary range of $50,000 to $75,000 per year, commensurate with experience, plus paid health benefits, three weeks vacation and a Christmas break.
How to Apply
1. Submit your application to Alberta Ecotrust via our online recruiting system by February 23, 2024.
2. Provide a cover letter and resume via the online system.
3. Your cover letter and resume combined must not exceed four pages.
Applicants are encouraged to identify in their applications if they are Indigenous Peoples, Black People, People of Colour, women, youth, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2SAI+ communities, new immigrants, refugees, and/or are members of other diverse communities.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing Susan Berry, Office and Administration Manager, at email@example.com.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies.