Opportunity: Environmental Program Coordinator
Environmental Program Coordinator, 6 month term, with potential for extension.
At Alberta Ecotrust, we believe that all sectors need to work on solutions together. As an important intermediary organization that builds trust and focuses on positive solutions, Alberta Ecotrust makes it simple and rewarding to demonstrate results. We bring industry and environmental groups together to address Alberta’s existing or emerging environmental challenges through programs that build bridges, support collaborative leadership and build high impact organizations and environmental champions across sector boundaries.
We are looking for just the right person to join our team and help us make a difference in the world. This person will be bright and with any luck, have a good sense of humour. We find that enjoying ourselves while we work hard, makes the work and the workplace more enjoyable. If you see yourself working for us, here are some things we expect to see.
You are the kind of person who likes to get things done, understanding the importance of both deadlines and high quality task execution. You understand the importance of strategy and evaluation and have a penchant for research, analysis and information management. You have a strong sense of community, genuinely care about the environment and understand the issues important in Alberta. Your values align with ours and you embrace our vision and mission. Finally, you are a good communicator. It will help if you are technologically super-savvy, articulate, and can express your ideas, thoughts and results capably and creatively in a variety of media.
- Program Administration (coordinating meetings and events; maintain program database and provide program data analysis; maintain accurate program files)
- Capacity Program and Special Project Coordination (assist in research, analysis, planning and program delivery with a key focus on two projects: The Water Lab and Mapping What Matters. Coordinate meetings, logistics, and communications with participants and consultants, coordinate training seminars, workshops, forums, etc. as needed )
- Grant Program Coordination (distribute, receive and assist with grant program applications and related forms; coordinate grantee interviews; monitor grant payments/activities and evaluate results)
Key Qualifications include:
- Degree in Environmental or Earth Science or equivalent experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of environmental issues and concepts of sustainability equivalent to a degree or diploma
- Good understanding of the unique challenges and values of the nonprofit and charitable sector
- Proven research skills
- High proficiency in information and data analysis and management
- Fluent in English with excellent communications and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Skilled at executing strategy and evaluating results
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send a cover letter and resume to Rod Ruff, Program and Engagement Manager at [email protected] by Friday, September 12, 2014. This is an entry-level position and the salary is $3,800/month plus basic health benefits and a flexible work environment. We thank all applicants for their interest but can only respond to those selected for an interview.