ACCELERATING URBAN CLIMATE SOLUTIONS IN CALGARY & EDMONTON
Alberta Ecotrust is very excited to launch the new $40 million Climate Innovation Fund. Partnering with the two largest municipalities in Alberta, we will implement a local program framework in each city to identify, invest in, and scale up carbon reduction solutions.
The Climate Innovation Fund is designed to amplify the municipal climate plans in Calgary and Edmonton, providing a tremendous opportunity to continue to build on the strengths of an active and creative climate action ecosystem. As a new program within Alberta Ecotrust, it will build upon organizational strengths while fostering innovative climate action. The Climate Innovation Fund will incubate the seeds of innovation required to ensure Calgary and Edmonton’s future communities and economies are resilient.
Alberta Ecotrust is a member of the Low Carbon Cities Canada (LC3) network, which consists of seven large municipalities across Canada, supported by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities. This means we will be able to share our successes and leverage actions from across the country to ensure Edmonton and Calgary meet their climate targets and that future communities and economies are resilient.
For additional information, please contact Mike Mellross, Program Director at [email protected].
- – Lorraine Becker, Advisor, Enernext
- – Thomas Holloway, Business Strategist, Genus Capital and Professor, Faculty of Finance, University of Calgary
- – Paul Godman, Director of Investments, Alberta Enterprise Corporation
- – Jana Hanova, Director, Evok Innovations
- – Naheed Gilani, Founder, Conscious Wealth and Senior Analyst, Client Relations, Alberta Investment Management Corporation
- – Sandy Macpherson, Chief Investment Officer, City of Edmonton
- – Thor Jensen, Head of Research, Energy Transition Fund Mandate, Ayrshire Group and Chief Financial Officer, Green Metrics
- – Irene Herremans, Professor, University of Calgary
- – Jeremy Klein, Senior Finance Manager, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
EXECUTIVE ADVISORY COMMITTEES
EXECUTIVE ADVISORY COMMITTEE CALGARY
- – Peter Demong, Councillor, City of Calgary
- – Kyle Fawcett, CEO, SunAlta
- – Chris Severson-Baker, Regional Director, Pembina Institute
- – Matt Grace, Managing Principal, Integral
- – Jason Switzer, Executive Director, ACTia
- – Afure Onekpe, Director, Business Development, MICONE Consulting Inc.
- – Aida Nciri, Manager Policy and Research, Quest
- – Monica Curtis, CEO, former Energy Efficiency Alberta
- – Megan Zimmerman, Director, Business Development, Calgary Economic Development
- – Rebecca Fiissel Schaefer, Principal, RFS Energy Consulting
EXECUTIVE ADVISORY COMMITTEE EDMONTON
- – Michael Walters, Councillor, City of Edmonton
- – Ron Minks, COO, Enoch Nation
- – Yasmin Abraham, Co-Founder, Kambo Energy Group and Vice President, Empower Me
- – Craig Stumpf-Allen, Director of Grants and Community Engagement, Edmonton Community Foundation
- – Bob Savage, VP and former ADM Env., Emissions Reduction Alberta
- – Aatif Baskanderi, Executive Director, Start-up Edmonton/Innovate Edmonton
- – Trina Innes, Executive Director, Municipal Climate Change Action Centre
- – Derek Hollman, Senior Engineering, EPCOR
- – Tanya Doran, VP Sustainable Buildings, Stantec
- – Shafraaz Kaaba, CEO, Ask For A Better World